Conditions for Hiring of Skips / grab lorries
1. Payment in full for the Skip(s), Grab Lorries or Materials shall be due and payable on delivery / arrival.
2. If the Customer fails to make any payment in full by the due date Atlas Skip & Grab Ltd (hereinafter referred to as Atlas Skip & Grab Ltd) shall be
entitled to terminate the Contract forthwith and recover all loss or damage resulting from that termination and shall charge 8% per month interest
above Bank of England Base Rate.
3. If limited Company becomes insolvent, company directors/secretary become personally responsible for outstanding debt.
4. The Hire period shall commence and the risk of any loss or damage to the Skip(s) shall pass to and remain with the Customer from the time when
the Skip(s) first arrives at the Customer’s premises or the location where the Skip(s) is left at the request of the Customer as the case may be.
5. The hire period shall continue until the Skip(s) is collected by Atlas Skip & Grab Ltd.
6. The Customer warrants that all the requirement of the Environmental protection Act Of 1990 and subsequent Regulations are complied with;
• THE SKIP IS TO BE LOADED NO HIGHER AND LEVEL WITH THE TOP OF THE SKIP. NO FIRES AND NO HAZARDOUS WASTE IS
PERMITTED IN THE SKIP.
• The following waste is not permitted in the skip:- Asbestos, Artex, Plaster / Plasterboard, Roofing Felt, Carpet, Underlay, Lino, Matresses,
Electrical devices, Domestic Appliances, Fluorescent Lighting, Oils, Paints, Batteries, Chemicals, Gas Cylinders, Food, Animal Waste, Clinical Waste,
Hygiene Products, Nappies, Tyres, Liquids of any kind, Toxic, Flammable or Irritant Waste.
• If any of the above wastes are found in the skip or it is deemed by the driver to be overloaded or unsafe to transport the
customer will be liable and additional charges will be incurred for the removal of the waste and permission is given to
charge the customers credit / debit card accordingly without notice.
• Where the vehicle has to leave the public highway to deliver the skip at the customers request any damage caused to pavements, pathways,
verges, driveways, trees, walls, etc. shall be the liability responsibility of the customer.
• The customer is responsible for organising cones and lights for the skip if it is to be left on the public highway unless otherwise stipulated by
Atlas Skip & Grab Hire Ltd.
• By signing above I confirm that I have fulfilled my duty to apply the waste hierarchy as required by regulation 12 of the
Waste (England & Wales) Regulations act 2011. The customer also agrees to all terms & conditions both above and overleaf.
7. During the Hire Period the Customer shall make good to Atlas Skip & Grab Ltd all loss of or damage to the Skip(s) (fair wear and tear excepted).
8. The Customer will conform with all statutory enactments and regulation and bye-laws and regulations of local or other statutory authorities which
apply to the Skip(s) or the waste to be disposed of, and in particular will:
(i) ensure that any permission required to be obtained from the Highway Authority is obtained.
(ii) ensure that the Skip(s) is properly lighted in accordance with the Highways Act 1980.
9. The Customer shall not:
(i) overload the Skip(s)
(ii) set fire to the contents of the Skip(s);
(iii) interfere with the mechanism of the Skip(s);
(iv) add on or attach to the Skip(s) any painting, sign-writing, lettering or advertising;
(v) move the Skip(s).
10. Atlas Skip & Grab shall be entitled to refuse to deal with any material not previously described as waste by the Customer for collection by Atlas Skip
& Grab Ltd (and as agreed by Atlas Skip & Grab Ltd) any such material shall be removed from the Skip(s) at the liability and cost of the Customer.
11. The Customer shall not remove, deface or conceal any name plate or mark indicating that the Skip(s) is the property of Atlas Skip & Grab Ltd.
12. The Customer shall not sell, charge, sub-contract, re-hire, lend or assign any part of the Skip(s) without prior written consent of Atlas Skip & Grab
13. The Skip(s) shall at all times remain in the ownership of Atlas Skip & Grab Ltd and the Customer will have no rights in the Skip(s) other than as a
mere bailee. Atlas Skip & Grab Ltd may however assign and sell its rights under the Agreement and its rights in and to the Skips(s). The Skips(s)
must only be used by the Customer.
14. If the Customer shall be in breach of these terms and conditions Atlas Skip & Grab Ltd shall at its option be entitled to terminate this Contract
forthwith and recover all loss or damage resulting to Atlas Skip & Grab Ltd including loss of profit or other consequential loss. If the Contract is
terminated under this Condition sums due to Atlas Skip & Grab Ltd under the Agreement shall become payable immediately in place of the payment
terms set out in condition 1.
Duty of Care
1. The Customer shall ensure that all provisions of Section 34 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, the Environmental (Duty of Care) Regulations
1991, the Control of Pollution (Amendment) Act 1989 and the Controlled Waste (Registration of Carriers and Seizure of Vehicles) Regulations 1991
are complied with.
2. This includes without limitation the following responsibilities:
(i) waste shall be adequately contained and not allowed to escape;
(ii) a Waste Transfer Note shall be signed;
(iii) an accurate written description of the waste shall be provided;
(iv) waste shall be transported by a registered waste carrier.
3. The Customer warrants that it has complied fully with the above Act and Regulations and indemnifies the Company against any costs, losses or
damages howsoever arising as a result of its failure to so comply